[CQ-Contest] OH NO! New Technology!!!

K0HB k-zero-hb at earthlink.net
Sun May 25 11:27:00 EDT 2008

> HTML!  OH NO!  How will we ever survive this??  It must be the end of the
> world for contesting as we know it!  A new watered down name for
non-geezers
> no less!  GEEZ, if you don't know what a Rate Sheet is you shouldn't be
> contesting!  And why clutter up the good old historic text only format
that
> could be easily forwarded via 60wpm baudot with pictures????  Who needs
> them?  Next thing you know they'll be running an sstv, or moonbounce, or
> some kind of weird digital mode contest or something crazy like that!
>

> David Robbins K1TTT

"We pass the word around; we ponder how the case is
put by different people, we read the poetry; we
meditate over the literature; we play the music; we
change our minds; we reach an understanding. Society
evolves this way, not by shouting each other down,
but by the unique capacity of unique, individual
human beings to comprehend each other.'

           --Lewis Thomas, The Medusa and the Snail (1979)

73, de Hans, K0HB