[CQ-Contest] Growing New Contesters with LOTW - suddenly it's 1977again

Alfred Frugoli alfred.frugoli at gmail.com
Tue May 27 11:25:52 EDT 2008

Pete,

What I don't see is how a cross checked log from a contest sponsor meets the
current ARRL/LOTW security standards.  The log has not been encrypted by the
log submitter.  It was sent as a plain text (ok cabrillo) file to the
contest sponsor, who makes an assumption that the data is from someone in
the real world who actually made these contacts.  Yes, the contacts are
cross checked (just as they are in LOTW), but it's the verification of the
original sender that is missing.

73 de Al, KE1FO

-----
Visit my amateur radio contesting blog at ke1fo.wordpress.com.