[CQ-Contest] Growing New Contesters with LOTW - suddenly it's 1977again

Alfred Frugoli alfred.frugoli at gmail.com
Tue May 27 23:25:10 EDT 2008

Not exactly.  See below from the LOTW
FAQ<https://p1k.arrl.org/lotw/faq#contestlog>.
The TQSL utility converts Cabrillo files to the encrypted format needed by
LOTW.  The log I send in for ARRL DX can't go directly to LOTW.  The same
would be true for a log submitted to CQ.

*Do I have to submit my contest log to both the contest robot and to LoTW?*

Yes. The contest robot takes only Cabrillo files, which are not suitable for
direct submission to LoTW, and the LoTW files do not contain the necessary
contest information. Therefore, submission of contest logs to LoTW must be
done separately from submissions to the robot. (Note that the *TQSL* utility
will convert a Cabrillo contest log file to the form needed for LoTW.)
73 de Al, KE1FO

-----
Visit my amateur radio contesting blog at ke1fo.wordpress.com.