[CQ-Contest] SS CW today

Kenneth E. Harker kenharker at kenharker.com
Sun Nov 2 01:11:45 EDT 2008

On Sat, Nov 01, 2008 at 03:40:56PM -0600, Mike Fatchett W0MU wrote:
> Actually we will have more daylight hours this year on the first day which
> IMHO is a good thing.

I can't tell if this is being said as a joke or not.

Unless the contest changes the UTC times in which it is run, the amount of
daylight you get will be the same as it always has been.  Let's say that
the contest used to start at 3:00 PM (local) for you, and sunset was sometime
around 6:15 PM (local).  Now, because we're still in daylight savings time,
the contest starts at 4:00 PM local, but sunset is 7:15 PM local.  Either
way, you get 3 hours, 15 ominutes f daylight.