[CQ-Contest] SS exchange & lazy folks

Mark Beckwith n5ot at n5ot.com
Sun Nov 2 23:41:30 EST 2008

>From cq-contest:

> the rules clearly state the call IS part of the exchange.
> if you don't send it,  I don't log it.

The rules say nothing about the order of the items to be exchanged.  If you
copied their call then it was obviously sent at some point.  Presumably you
would not have gotten as far as deleting the QSO if you didn't have their
call logged already.  The  ARRL may have a position on this.  Maybe we
should ask "them" what "they" think before we get our knickers in a wad.  I
bet this is not a new question.

Mark, N5OT
(cc: contests at arrl.org per rule 9.2.)