[CQ-Contest] SS busted (or erroneous) exchanges

kr2q at optimum.net kr2q at optimum.net
Thu Nov 6 19:15:39 EST 2008

During the heat of the battle (and the growing fatigue), I get into the rhythm of simply
copying what is sent and logging it.

After the contest, I noted that someone had the sent me the exact same QSO # and the Q
preced that I had sent for that QSO.  I figure that, for whatever reason, he felt compelled
to "confirm" that he had copied my QRP-sent exchange correctly.  I do remember copying
a clean exchange, then, not expecting what was sent, some "other stuff," and then the QSO
appeared to get "back on track" with his call, his ck and sec.  I figured that I had drifted off
somehow, but that the QSO was okay.  I kept up the "run" after that.

After the contest, looking at my log, that QSO exchange stood out like a sore thumb.
I had a relatively high number (for QRP) and a Q for the prec.  The odds of getting that exact
same thing back are extremely remote.  I am assuming that it is a busted exchange, but not
really "my fault."

What to do?  I actually asked KX9X and he gave me his opinion.  In the end, I sent in my
log "as is."   It won't matter much and probably won't change the order of finish (but I
guess it could).  It is easier to sleep at night by just attaching the file and not worrying
about it.  Stuff Happens.

de Doug KR2Q