[CQ-Contest] Yes, I busted the call

Art Boyars art.boyars at verizon.net
Fri Nov 7 09:28:06 EST 2008

Thanks for the on-line and private opinions.  NA5TR (who opined not to consider it busted) reframed the question: Do you get a penalty for >>logging<< a busted call, or for >>claiming<< a QSO with a busted call?  (Recall that there is a way I can un-credit the QSO without giving the other guy a NIL: put in the correct call, and put an error in some other part of the report.  He gets a valid QSO, and I get no credit and no penalty.)

Nonetheless, I think the criterion is that once you have told the other guy that he has a valid QSO then it's up to you to get the data correct during the contest, and you have to leave your best effort in the log.  So, I'll take the hit.

Now I can get on with worrying about something more important:  What am I doing wrong, that my rates in SS CW are so low?

73, Art K3KU