[CQ-Contest] Whiskey Two Papa Victor

James Cain jamesdavidcain at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 13:12:05 EST 2008

Coincidentally, just this week, the PBS show Globe Trekker featured a young woman host climbing the Matterhorn, on the Swiss/Italian border.

I thought of Jim Lawson, W2PV, who, unless my memory has completely failed me, climbed the Matterhorn in his 50s or maybe even early 60s.

Someone who knew Jim better than I (Hello Fred Lass, K2TR) could confirm this. I never doubted it since Jim climbed his tall towers whenever necessary well into middle age. He had a Telrex Big Bertha pole, the only one I've ever seen in person.

Jim Cain, K1TN
Near Atlantic City