[CQ-Contest] VE4 and ND in one QSO?

Gerry Hull gerry at yccc.org
Fri Nov 14 15:13:32 EST 2008

Yes, Joe had two antennas.   His property was in the US, but some of the
land was in Canada.   So, I guess if the antenna itself was in
Canada -- away ya go.

Being directly on the line?   That would not work for legal reasons...  You
can't be in two countries at once.

So, if KE0Z followed the WA2SPL model, operating in one country, then moving
to the other (even by switching antennas) it would be
A-OK...

For me -- it might be a different story, from a legal sense, as I'm licensed
in both countries.   I'd have to physically move across the border...
because while in the US, I could not operate as W1VE/VE4 (connected to the
Canadian antenna), because I would have to be
VE1RM/4.   However, if my person is in the US, I cannot use my Canadian call
-- I must use W1VE.

Silly conjecture, but interesting.   From a contest perspective, as long as
you have two calls worked (W1VE/0 and VE1RM/4, or WA2SPL/1 and WA2SPL/VE1,
all would be good from a logging perspective.

I would like to have an FCC or Industry Canada perspective on who is in
charge if the RF is generated in one country and is radiated
in another!

73, Gerry W1VE  VE1RM