[CQ-Contest] SS SSB And Your Callsign In The Exchange

Ron Notarius W3WN wn3vaw at verizon.net
Fri Nov 14 20:32:15 EST 2008

"My question is - why MUST the call be part of the exchange
when it's already "exchanged" as part of the QSO initiation
process?"

Why not?

The exchange is the exchange.  It specifies that certain information be
provided in a certain order.

Yes, the call in the exchange is redundant since you should know the call of
the station you just, er, called.  So?  Consider it the equivalent of a
CRC -- a redundant check to make sure you DID copy the call correctly.

Personally, I say:  Them's the rules.  Deviate at your own risk.

73