[CQ-Contest] W7GG Silent Key

George Cutsogeorge george.w2vjn at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 10:43:45 EST 2008

Tree wrote: "*Recently, Bob ran **a PC board manufacturing company that I
believe makes PC boards for the Inrad folks.*
**
**At some point in the 90s, the assembly house we had been using for a few
years went out of business and took all of our pc tape masters with them.  Most
of the old files were for Top Ten and a few were for Inrad.  I knew Bob ran
a pc assembly house, so I gave him a call.  He gave me the name of a pc
designer which we used to recreate the files in Gerbers and we have been
using him ever since.  After the pc boards are made and inspected, we send
them to Bob's company for assembly.  The quality has always been excellent.
Bob's general manager is running the company now.  N5KO and AG9A own Inrad
now and they are still using most of the same suppliers.

Bob was very competitive and always posted a top score in the major DX
contests.  I have operated from Bob's impressive station north of Bend.  At
that time there were 4 towers, but the 200 foot rotating tower stood the
highest.  There were a lot of antennas on that tower, including a bunch of
wires.  Bob used a motor driven Boatswain's chair for doing maintenance.

73 OM and thanks for all the help.

George, W2VJN