[CQ-Contest] SS SSB K2NNY And Your Callsign In The Exchange

Paul Mackanos - K2DB k2db at k2db.org
Tue Nov 18 10:30:54 EST 2008

What is all the hoopla all about? We worked 1639 stations (1660+ with the
dupes) and I would think that less than 10 of them omitted their call signs
in the exchange. When those 10 or so stations sent the "CUT" exchange, it
was easy, my little foot hit the foot switch and I said ur call? they sent
their call and I said again? ur call? again?

Think about it, we were calling CQ and they broke the pile-up and we asked
for their call sign a few times after we sent our exchange with their
correct call at the beginning of the exchange.

We had it right the first time.

Just our little way of saying - do it right !

Not one of the BIG GUNS - sent the cut exchange (at least the BIG GUNS we
worked, and I think we worked them all), so what's the gripe? If the big
boys can send the full exchange and be at the top of the heap, I would think
it means something. Yeh, they want to work you and have you in their log and
not have to repeat their call sign to you, they want it in the exchange.

Did this little ur call? again? slow us down? sure it did, but what the heck
you have to break up the runs once in a while to save your sanity.
Especially on SSB with all the stations thinking they can get close to you,
splattering, RF in the mike, mike gain controls all the way to the right,
hey K2NNY, please move I am 500 hertz below you and you are 60 over and
splattering. :-) :-), how about the guy who comes on our frequency while you
am trying to get the exchange of a Q station, calls CQ and tells me to F off
because he has been on this freq for the last hour (wow, I just ran 125
stations on this freq in the last hour)- it's a contest and it is meant to
be FUN, so we had FUN, and if you saw our post about our menu, we ate very
well and all gained about 5 pounds during the contest.

We want to thank each and every station for your QSO in the contest, and we
hope we made you happy with the NNY in the exchange.

Paul K2DB at K2NNY