[CQ-Contest] SS SSB And Your Callsign In The Exchange

Doug Grant dougk1dg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 10:47:15 EST 2008

"Tom Osborne" <w7why at verizon.net> said:

> After the CQWW, we hear. "Why send 59903?.  Send something useful."
>
> After the SS we hear, "Why send stuff?  Makes no sense."
>
> 73
>
> Tom W7WHY

I call foul! Tom is using this list to subliminally promote his
callsign, always asking "WHY?".

Besides, it is DURING the CQWW that I hear 'WHY send 59903 and DURING
the SS I hear 'WHY send stuff that makes no sense, not AFTER.

But it won't help him in the Poisson d'Avril Contest. In fact, I think
I'll just DQ him now.

Reason? It's obvious: "because".

73,

Doug K1DG

p.s. In the Pd'A, you get to make up your own exchange, and send as
much or as little of it as you want. We're flexible. Why? No, he's
disqualified (but who's on first...).