[CQ-Contest] SS SSB And Your Callsign In The Exchange

Tom Frenaye frenaye at hughes.net
Wed Nov 19 22:33:56 EST 2008

At 03:44 AM 11/19/2008, Paul O'Kane wrote:
>My interest in SS was sparked by adding support for it in
>a contest logger.  It was my first experience of contest
>rules that required the callsign to be exchanged one extra
>time in each and every QSO.
>
>I thought this was remarkable.

Paul -

Maybe you don't remember adding support for the European Sprint.  That contest requires the callsign to be part of the exchange, not unlike the ARRL Sweepstakes.   Hope that will make it easier for you to add the ARRL Sweepstakes to your list of supported contests...  Next perhaps you can add the North American Sprint - it also requires the callsign to be repeated again as part of the exchange.   The Asia Pacific Sprint does not require the callsign to be repeated as part of the exchange.

          -- Tom