[CQ-Contest] Announcing the Getscores.org Universal Score Poster...

Gerry Hull gerry at w1ve.com
Wed Nov 26 21:47:47 EST 2008

Hey Folks,

Just in time for CQWW-CW... If you've wanted to post your score and
participate in real-time competition on getscores.org, but your logger is
not compatible, then I now have an option for you:  The Getscores.org
Universal Score Poster.

This Windows-XP-or-above application allows you to:

- Post your score manually.  You can enter just your Qs, Mults and score --
no breakdown -- or provide both.  Your choice.  The process is entirely
manual.

- If you or someone you know is good at VBScript, the application includes a
script editor, and exposes an object model which will allow you to write the
"glue" to connect your logger's info to the getscores.org format.   Included
with the install is a "defualt.gus" script, which is full of comments and
should get you well along the way to integrating your favorite logger.  In
fact, Ron, KK1L, and Dave, K1TTT have been Beta testing for me, and Ron has
developed a script which works with TRLOG. (He has posted information on
this in the TRLOG reflector).   It should be fairly easy to make a script
for CT-WIN in a networked environment (have CT-WIN save the log periodically
(can be done via script), and parse the CT files.)  I'll leave that task to
someone else .

Once a script is complete, the Universal Poster will periodically run the
script of your choice and post a score to the site.

Of course, the already-written interfaces for N1MM, WinTest and Writelog are
still very functional -- this is not meant to replace those -- unless
someone comes up with a better mouse trap!

This software is provided free of charge for your enjoyment -- and offers no
warranties or guarantees of any kind.

Check it out and download at http://www.getscores.org/universal.aspx

73, see you on the air and on the scoreboard!

Gerry, W1VE  VE1RM