[CQ-Contest] PAQSO Party announcement

Michael Coslo mjc5 at psu.edu
Wed Oct 1 09:31:42 EDT 2008

Hello all,

The 51st annual Pennsylvania QSO Party is happening on October 11 and
12, 2008. Pennsylvania Amateurs work North America and the world,
North America and the world works Pennsylvania Amateurs.

Certificates for highest scores from Pennsylvania Counties, ARRL and
Canadian Sections, and HIghest DX score. Trophies for various
categories. (see website)

Modes are CW, SSB/FM, PSK, and RTTY.

A new addition to the Trophies this year is the Beacon award, which is
awarded to a legally blind Op with the highest number of QSOs. The Op
can be either single Op or part of a multi-op station. To be
considered, let us know of your intentions along with your summary
sheet.

The sponsor for the beacon award is Woody Brem, K3YV. Woody is a past
chairman of the PAQSO Party.

This is a very late addition to the party, but when the suggestion was
made, I thought it too good to pass up. I will be modifying the on-
line summary sheets posthaste to incorporate a checkbox for the award.
And if anyone knows of any Hams who might be interested in
participating for the award, please pass this along to them.

PAQSO Party Website  http://www.nittany-arc.net/paqso.html

-73 de Mike N3LI -