[CQ-Contest] Stirring the Pot

Steve London n2icarrl at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 13:53:15 EDT 2008

Kerr, Prof. K.M. wrote:

> Tactics.......I am still unsure what the best thing to do on 40 and 80 when
> trying to work the USA; simplex, duplex? Below 7.1 or above 7.125 for
> transmit? How do you guys see this from the 'other side'?

Living in the southwestern corner of Zone 4, I'm probably not the best one to
give advice on this. On 80, I would say that you should stay above 3700. My 2
element wire beam is too narrow-banded to work outside of 3700-3825. I think
others have this problem, too. On 40, I would prefer you transmit below 7100.
Hard to hear EU above 7125 with all the S9+40 USA stations transmitting.

73,
Steve, N2IC