[CQ-Contest] cqww ssb spotting report

K1TTT K1TTT at ARRL.NET
Tue Oct 28 18:53:44 EDT 2008

Big spot weekend, 53059 in the database this weekend.  Thats an average of
over 1100/hr on the network.  On Saturday there was a peak over 1400/hr in
the 15z hour, and on Sunday it peaked about 1500/hr in the 16z hour.  The
database and raw dxsummit data will be available on my web site at
http://www.k1ttt.net/logs/2008cqwwssb_spots.zip shortly after this message
is sent if you want to do more analysis.  The database is an Access database
and includes all the queries I use in doing this report plus some more that
may be interesting.  Sorry I'm just doing a quick look this time, have been
real busy and need to catch up on some stuff this week...

The most spotted stations are:
DX	Count
HQ3Z	387
6Y1V	334
D4C	300
HC8A	291
V26B	286
PZ5Z	278
PJ4E	270
8P5A	264
YV4A	252
AO8A	248
FY5KE	247

The busiest spotters:
Spotter	count
AA3B	1574
W2NY	533
AA4NC	525
K6III	425
K3NA	378
DK8NC	342
WB1DX	340
RA9A	338
NQ4I	333
K3LR-3	308
K1TTT-7	305
well at least we were close in the number of spots to k3lr!

Cheerleader report:
spotter	dx		Spots	total Pct
CW2T		CW2T		29	45	64
OK2SDE	UW4E		26	27	96
RK6AXY	RN6AH		25	28	89
KA2AEV	V26B		24	25	96
EA7HZ		EA7RU		23	35	65
N6TV		HQ3Z		18	82	21
S56P		S56P		18	18	100
IZ5MMQ	IQ5MS		18	18	100
IT9GCG	IO9K		17	19	89
VO1MP		VO1MP		16	18	88  (fake harrasment spots)
DL4FAY	DL2F		16	19	84
DB2B		CT9L		16	223	7
K4SV		TO5DX		16	16	100
ON6VI		OO6U		15	15	100
SP1DTG	SQ2AJN	15	16	93

yes, cw2t apparently spotted himself cqing, and even busted his own call and
made other spots from the same node.

Single spotter spots:
DX		Total	All	DXSummit
VU7SJ		210	38(18%)	4(1%)
TO5DX		228	36(15%)	2(0%)
VK9DWX	174	28(16%)	3(1%)
SP3LPG	37	27(72%)	26(70%)
IO9K		53	22(41%)	17(32%)
9L0W		88	18(20%)	4(4%)
PZ5Z		278	14(5%)	2(0%)
3V8BB		228	14(6%)	3(1%)
F5BZB		45	13(28%)	1(2%)
HC8A		291	12(4%)	3(1%)
6Y1V		334	12(3%)	1(0%)
6W/DL4JS	28	12(42%)	6(21%)
C98RF		61	11(18%)	1(1%)
C4I		104	11(10%)	1(0%)
T88OO		37	10(27%)	3(8%)
VP2E		161	10(6%)	1(0%)
OX2A		90	10(11%)	2(2%)

The group of suspicious spots for sp3lpg:
Spotter	Freq	Comment
JA4KLA	21212.3	CQ WW
UA9KOI	14254.6	CQ WW
W4HLM		14253.7	CQ WW
N3LH		14288		CQ WW
N3KPO		14190		CQ WW
K4GTR		21151		CQ WW
DJ8UG		3701.5	TEST
W4HTY		21162		CQ WW
UA9HKL	7062		cq ww
DJ8KF		3698.5	CQ WW
W3KE		14146.8	CQ WW
VE3JKU	7038		TEST
W3GKO		7157.5	TEST
JA6KLO	7029		cq ww
DK8UE		3682		CQ WW
K4LRE		14277		CQ WW
K4HIO		7193		WW
W0KVS		14277		CQ WW
W9HY		7139.2	WW
K7GYW		14230		CQ WW
DJ4HD		3698		CQ WW
UA9JKO	7042		CQ WW
W3NOI		7101		WW
K3NY		21184		CQ WW
DF6J		3680.7	CQ WW
SQ4INW	3680.7	CQ WW MAREK WSCHOWA, 67-	91.94.57.124
W3JOT		7139.2	CQ WW
Great, most with the same all caps comment style.  Only one of them shows up
in the dx summit logs though, maybe the spotter was on a slow node and was
getting forwarded from #cqdx most of the time.

The suspicious spots for io9k:
Spotter	Freq	Comment
IW9GYL	14153	cqww
JE2BAY	7052.5	cq ww
G7AKM		7052.5	cq contest
UX7QV		7052.5	cq ww
DL1LZ		7052.5	cq ww
YO2FX		7052.5	cq contest
BX3FH		7052.5	cq contest
IW9HLM	7052.5	cq ww			85.18.136.104
GW8RAK	7050.5
B7P		7052.5	cq ww			85.18.136.104
PA7Z		7052.5	cq ww			85.18.136.104
UX7QV		7052.5	cq ww			85.18.136.104
PA6Z		7052.5	cq ww			85.18.136.104
JE2BAY	7052.5	cq ww			85.18.136.104
LZ1NK		7052.5	cq ww			85.18.136.104
DL1LZ		7052.5	cq ww			85.18.136.104
JA1GYO	7052.5	cq contest		85.18.136.104
YO2FX		7052.5	cq contest		85.18.136.104
BY3FH		7052.5	cq contest		85.18.136.104
PY4OC		7052.5	cq contest
K1IED		7050.5	up 7218
IW9GYL	21267.7	CQWW, Davide
LA9TJA	7050.5
KC9OZ		7050.5	up
LS2D		7052.5	contest
XE1YJS	7052.5	73 GL
IV3YJA	7052.5	73 GL
NP5Z		7052.5	contest
J88DR		7052.5	cq contest
VA1MM		7052.5	contest
W1DX		7052.5	73 GL
This one used lots of lower case comments that were similar.  and exactly
the same frequency on 40m for lots of them.  There were a bunch more of the
40m ones near the group where i dug out the ip address.  That ip comes back
to:
person:         ip registration service
address:        Via Caracciolo, 51
address:        20155 Milano MI