[CQ-Contest] CW Sweepstakes Then and Now (Long)

Ken Claerbout kclaerbo at bbg.gov
Wed Oct 29 12:01:07 EDT 2008

  Since we are taking a look back, allow me to mention that the Potomac Valley Radio Club (PVRC) will be airing the calls of two founding members, W3GRF & W4KFC, in both modes of Sweepstakes as part of the 75th anniversary celebration.  It's kind of like the NFL teams wearing those old throwback jerseys for a game.  Maryland station K3ZO will operate W3GRF on CW and K3MM on SSB.  W4KFC will be operated in Virginia by K4EU on CW and K4ZW on SSB.  Lenny and Vic's original check numbers will be used.  Thanks to Mike Cizek W3MC and Ken Clark W4KFC for their support of this effort.

Ken K4ZW