[CQ-Contest] Lightning strikes N5OT

steve.root at culligan4water.com steve.root at culligan4water.com
Mon Sep 1 12:29:28 EDT 2008

Mark,
You make some good points and I can see your arguments. But with all respect
lets look at the other side of this. Unless you have a very good reason to think
otherwise, I'd assume that you'd respect my effort as being honest and following
the rules. I don't think I should have my integrity questioned just because I
participated in a contest and submitted a score.

If we assume everyone is cheating, this stops being fun right now.

I suggest that any question about the truth and accuracy of my log is between me,
my concience, and the log checkers.

3830 is something people "do" because it's fun. It's like standing around on the dock
and talking fishing with other guys coming off the lake. I enjoy reading the comments
and hearing about other people's experiences. After a short intense period of
relatively impersonal contesting, it's nice to hear something other than 5903.

The place to address cheating is with the contest sponsors and their log checkers,
not 3830.

73 Steve K0SR

P.S. As I watch Gustav come on shore I've got my fingers crossed for friends in 5 land.
You're all in our thoughts today.