[CQ-Contest] Top Ten scores & 3830 postings?

Michael Coslo mjc5 at psu.edu
Tue Sep 2 09:25:56 EDT 2008

On Aug 31, 2008, at 8:52 AM, Mark Beckwith wrote:

> Send in your score to 3830.  Do it as fast as you can.  Understand
> that the
> longer you wait, the more you will raise eyebrows about your own
> personal
> integrity.  That's just the way it is whether you think it's right
> or not.

	There are some out there, who think everyone is cheating until they
prove that they are not. I don't question a person's integrity based
on 3830, and a  lot of others don't either.

At the risk of taking this to actual data driven discussion rather
than emotional posting:

What is the relationship between people who have been caught cheating
and their refusal to use 3830? Are there a lot?

What is the mechanism by which not using the 3830 reflector is
allowing or encouraging cheating?

Conversely, how does using 3830 prevent cheating?

-73 de Mike N3LI -