[CQ-Contest] Best & worst scenarios - 3830 postings

Ron Notarius W3WN wn3vaw at verizon.net
Tue Sep 2 17:49:14 EDT 2008

Fair enough.

Eric, it has happened to me in the past.

I'm not a big gun due to my station limitations.  I accept that.  My goals
in ARRL contests is usually the Section in my power category.

There have been times in the past where my 3830 score was surpassed in the
final tally by someone who didn't post the reflector.

So it goes.

It doesn't make me feel "skunked" because I understand and accept that not
everyone chooses to post to the reflector.

You are proposing that the 3830 reflector be used for something other than
it's original purpose, and that it's use be made mandatory.  And for what
end?  So that your sense of instant gratification be soothed?

If a contester competes honestly, follows the rules, and sends his entry in
to the contest sponsor in accordance with the rules, you're just going to
have to wait.  If you want the sponsor to post the results sooner, or
electronically or to the web prior to print publication, take that up with
the contest sponsor.  Don't hijack and repurpose the 3830 reflector.  And
don't pervert the meaning of a voluntary unofficial system by telling
everyone that it's use is de facto.  It's not, and it never was.