[CQ-Contest] Rohn 45 vs 55

Tony Rogozinski trogo at telegraphy.com
Tue Sep 2 22:41:25 EDT 2008

I have quite a lot of hardware, ie bolts, nuts, guy brackets, etc.  for Rohn 45 tower but have an opportunity to buy a bunch
of Rohn 55 which I want to ship to South America.  Will the Rohn 45 hardware fit the Rohn 55 sections?  Texas Towers
lists different part numbers but no dimensions. I have researched and it seems that the distance between the centers
of the legs of Rohn 55 is only 1/4" greater - if that's the case then it seems that the guy brackets would work.  I would
assume the nuts and bolts are the same size?

Thanks

Tony   W4OI/HK7AR