[CQ-Contest] Cycle 24 Cancelled !!! - Contesters take to the Internet for Relief !

Dennis Vernacchia n6ki73 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 11:49:45 EDT 2008

Now here IS the height of Internet Insanity !!!!

Now step right up you contesters and gather around my Calistoga Wagon

You say you are suffering from "lack of Propagation?"

Well Doctor Bofootnick's "Travelin Propagation Medicine Show" has the cure
for all of you !
( My apologies to Ward, N0AX )

THE HAMSPHERE QSO CHALLENGE
=============================

You are invited to the HamSphere QSO Challenge.

CONTEST PERIOD

Contest starts 1400 UTC and ends 1800 UTC Sunday 14th september 2008.

FREQUENCIES & MODES

- Contest bands:  Hamsphere virtual 80 and 40 meter bands.

- Contest modes: SSB, CW, Digital

Suggested Frequencies:

Any frequencies except markers 7005, 7090, 3705, 3790 kHz

CLASSES

Single-Operator, All Bands

Modes: CW, Phone, Digital

Power: Max 100 watts on 40 meters, Max 1 kilowatt on 80 meters.

GENERAL RULES

Stations send: RS(T) and serial number starting with 001

QSO POINTS

2 points for Phone QSOs on 40 meters
3 points for Phone QSOs on 80 meters
4 points for CW and digital QSOs any bands.

The same station may be worked for QSO points on each band on Phone, CW, and
Digital.

MULTIPLIERS

Each Multiplier may be counted ONLY ONCE regardless of mode or band.

SCORING

Total = QSO points from all bands X total multipliers.

LOGS

Logs should show Date, Band, Mode, Frequency, Time in UTC, Station worked,
Exchange sent and received

Email logs to: logs at hamsphere.com

AWARDS

Certificates suitable for framing will be awarded to the highest score.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Questions may be sent to contest at hamsphere.com

This is the first time we try something like this.
Due to the nature of the HamSphere system based on heavy digital audio
processing, you may experience lagging or gaps in audio during the contest
period. This is fully normal and the system is capable of handling over 100
simultaneos users at once. But congestions may occur. The system may also be
restarted during the session. Please have patience!

We suggest that you check your equipment before the contest starts. We know
that some of you still have problems using the system with messages like
"System offline due to maintenance". These are Internet/port/firewall
related problems and can be solved. You will find some information about
this here:

http://www.hamsphere.com/download/troubleshooter.html

Good luck!

Regards,