[CQ-Contest] FREE Firewood, and operators needed!

K1TTT K1TTT at ARRL.NET
Fri Sep 12 08:39:57 EDT 2008

I still need some more operators for the CQWW DX RTTY contest the weekend of
9/27-28.  This is the first part of the 3 part CQWW DX contest, and probably
the one that is the most fun because there are no zero pointers.  EVERYONE
counts for something so there are lots more stations to work.  Please
contact me asap if you are interested.  Never done a RTTY contest before?
Its easy to learn, if you have done SSB or CW its almost the same, except
you don't have to listen to all the qrm!  And yes, there is RATE in RTTY
these days, I had the rate meter over 150/hr in the Russian rtty last
weekend just playing around.  Last year we won for M/M North America with:

        Band   QSO   Pts  Cty  Zone  Sec
         3.5   404   653   53    18   51
           7   701  1407   71    23   51
          14  1128  2770   94    30   53
          21   164   308   35    18   36
          28    57    98    8     7   14
       Total  2454  5236   264   96  205
       Final Checked Score :  2,942,632
       Operator(s) : K1MK, K1SFA, K1TTT, N2AMG, W1EQO, W1TO

This year with a couple more ops we can keep some of the slower bands going
and hope to do even better.

Also, I still have a good size pile of FREE FIREWOOD!  Looking at the cost
of oil or gas to heat for the winter???  Fire up your chainsaw and come
slice up some of the stuff I cut down either last summer or early this
spring/summer.  Some pine, but also cherry, birch, and maple.  Depending on
how much rain we have had and your ground clearance you can either drive
almost up to it or get within about 100' at worst.  There is also one big
widow maker and another blowdown or two that aren't too far off the open
field if you want to attack them.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net