[CQ-Contest] QST Radiosport issue

Randy Thompson K5ZD k5zd at charter.net
Thu Sep 18 19:21:04 EDT 2008

Haven't seen much discussion about the QST Radiosport issue -- a subject
that should be top of mind for the people who inhabit this list.  I thought
it was very well done.

The article on the history of contesting was educational and shows just how
far back radio competition goes.

The article on VHF roving was fun and filled with enthusiasm.  It left me
fired up thinking about how I could do a rover effort.

My favorite article in the magazine was the interview with one of my radio
contesting heroes, Tim Duffy, K3LR.  N0AX managed to capture much about what
makes Tim such an amazing representative of ham radio and contesting.

My only negative comment is that the focus of the pull out supplement seemed
to be on the Cabrillo log file format and Log Check Reports.  These are
important, but don't do much to convey the true fun of contesting.

The ARRL is to be commended for raising the visibility of radiosport.  Can't
wait to see all the new activity in the Fall contests!

73,

Randy, K5ZD