[CQ-Contest] ARRL Contest Plaques

Kutzko, Sean, KX9X kx9x at arrl.org
Fri Sep 19 11:28:25 EDT 2008

On a less thrilling note, I have to announce that the cost of contest
plaques is going to be increasing from $67 to $75, beginning with the
2009 RTTY Roundup. This is the first increase in plaque prices in
several years. It comes down to simple economics; our suppliers have
been steadily increasing our costs, and we've done as much shopping
around and haggling as we could to keep the price reasonable. We've
reached the point where we need to raise the price to cover our own
costs.

This price increase makes the Sponsored Plaque Program even more
important. If you or your club has sponsored plaques in the past, we are
grateful for your sponsorship and ask that you please continue to do so
if you are able. Getting a plaque in the mail is a great treat,
especially for a contester that's never received one before. It's a
great way to give back to the contesting community.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Thanks & 73,

Sean Kutzko, KX9X
Contest Branch Manager

ARRL - The national association for Amateur Radio
225 Main Street
Newington CT 06111-1494
Telephone: 860-594-0232
Fax: 860-594-0259