[CQ-Contest] 2009 PAQSO Party Announcements

Mike Coslo mjc5 at psu.edu
Wed Apr 1 07:00:36 PDT 2009

Hello all,

QST

In the PAQSO Party spirit of innovation and always wanting to try
something new, we're going to be adding some new classes to the 2009 Party.

The first new class is the "poor setup class".

Antennas must be no more than 15 feet off the ground, Power must be less
than 100 watts.

100 bonus points each for:

RF on the audio (must provide audio recording or affidavit from an OO)

VSWR so bad that power output is folded back.

Second, the class we're most excited about is the new Cheaters class!
We've been watching with interest the shabby way that cheaters are
treated, and figure they need their day in the sun.

Lots of fun and awards in this class here folks:

100  bonus points for:

1. Self spotting

2. Interpretation of the rules that allow you to increase your score.
    (must include interpretation along with new/old score comparison)

Plaques awarded for:

1. Highest power passed off as QRP

2. Highest power over legal limit

3. The closest match to the spotting network

4. The most bogus callsigns

5. Most Ops at claimed single station

We're also going to be changing the Party slogan from:

"The Friendly QSO Party"

to either:

"Keepin' it real!"

or