[CQ-Contest] ETHICS

mike l dol dormann w7dra at juno.com
Wed Apr 1 10:11:08 PDT 2009

i hae been following the cheating thing for quite a while, and i don't
think much can be done in sunset period of our lives about whether we
cheat or not.

when i was in high school i took only two classes, girls and ham radio,
oh, the teachers wanted me to learn latin and geometry, i remember
vaguely taking some tests...............and graduated with a 2.03

when i took a test i took a test. no big deal. the thought of cheating
did not enter my mind.

but when i tried to get into seattle u........i got this nice letter
saying thanks but no thanks

my mother went to the admin and told them she would burn the school down
if they did not let me in.

i got this appologetic letter saying they "reconsidered"

i graduatede EE with a 2.5.

i guess i never had to cheat to get what i needed

i enter a contest and somebody bneats me...he sat in the chair longer or
was luckier....big deal, like there will never be another contest?

mike w7dra