[CQ-Contest] NS Ladder - Quick Start Guide
haddon.bill at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 16:29:44 PDT 2009
Tomorrow night marks the begging of the 14-week NS Ladder VI. For those who
want to jump in and give this fun, fast-paced sprint event a test run,
here's a guide of just the essentials:
1) Show up in vacinity of 14040, 7040 3540 with 100 w CW at:
0230-0200 Z (Friday UTC)
1930-2000 PDST (Thursday night in NA)
Use for example, the NA Sprint module in your logging program -- see
http://www.ncccsprint.com/software.htm for additional suggestions.
2) Send one of the following CW Exchanges:
A. Responding to CQ NS: [His/Her Call] [Ser #] [Your Name]
[Your QTH] (state, province, Country) [your call]
-- expect immediate responses on same frequency, for
which you use exchange "B"
B. Sending a CQ: when a station answers,
]his/her call] [your call] [Ser #]
[Your Name] [Your QTH]
3) Then, QSY one KHz and work another station: Dupes ok after 1 intervening
Q on same band, immediately if QSY to a 2nd band.
4) Go at a frantic pace for half an hour, then quit and maybe join us on
3610 if you're in the West.
5) Calculate your score:
(#Q's ) x (# Mults per band) = Total Score.
6) Post your score at http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score
If you;ve not competed previously in NS Ladder, you can delcare
yourself to be in the "Newcomers" division (or if you've just done a small
number of NS Ladder weeks)
7) Relax and recover.
8) After you're hooked on this weekly Thursday contest, read the details and
nuances at : www.ncccsprint.com
NOTE: Want to practice this drill before the NS LAdder? Then show up, same
frequencies, for W9RE's Slow NS half an hour before NS Ladder.
Questions/comments to: n6zfo at arrl.net
73 Bill n6zfo
NS Ladder Director
More information about the CQ-Contest