[CQ-Contest] ETHICS

Gary McAdams g.m.mcadams at comcast.net
Fri Apr 3 07:33:43 PDT 2009

Fellows,

This stuff really gets out of hand doesn't it?

I don't understand where the "ethics" part comes from, especially if we
ware talking about the "called" station.

How anyone in the excitement of a run could be expected to examine each
QSO for legality is absurd.
WFWL is the DX'ers mantra, and it applies to contests also I think.

It is up to the "calling" station to stay within their allocations, and
if they then knowingly operate outside
those boundaries, they should be penalized. As it is now, with logging
formats that only report band(s)
not frequencies, this isstill almost impossible to police. Please don't
make it harder by requiring  exact
frequency reporting. That would make the entire thing too cumbersome,
especially for the lower level
and casual contesters who don't have  rigs that have PC interfaces or
software to match.

It's really that simple. Why all the arguments?

OH, yeah I forgot... Its a normal internet thing...

73 Gary WG7X