[CQ-Contest] ETHICS

Michael Coslo mjc5 at psu.edu
Fri Apr 3 10:26:42 PDT 2009

On Apr 3, 2009, at 12:33 PM, W0MU Mike Fatchett wrote:

> Understood.  I am not and OO.  The OO sends a notice of and that
> generally
> is the end of his or her involvement.  In more serious infractions,
> the OO
> can refer the matter up the OO food chain.
>
> We are not the enforcers thankfully.  The community is pretty good
> about
> informing operators or bad signals, and other infractions.
>
> My point is that if push comes to shove, we as amateurs are limited
> in what
> we can ultimately do.

Agreed, I suspect that most people who are operating out of band will
be embarrassed by it, and avoid doing it again. Perhaps the out of
band issue might be better handled under sloppy practices as opposed
to ethics.

Elmering is badly needed.

> If enforcement was so easy why has the 14.275 mess continued on for
> years
> now?

That is egregious stuff there. I wonder why the authorities in VE-land
won't put a stop to it?

Some times I think there is a contrary law to the universe where
justice is doled out at such a slow speed that it takes all the
satisfaction out of achieving it?

-73 de Mike N3LI -