[CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes -Automatic Fill - 93 or 67

George Fremin III geoiii at kkn.net
Wed Apr 8 14:01:05 PDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 01:02:12PM -0500, Stan Stockton wrote:
> Looking at the log checking reports, I was surprised at the number of
> stations who apparently fill in the exchange information from a previous
> year's database.
>
> My son used my call in 2007 and his check is 93.  In 2008 I operated
> with a check of 67.

I see this every year - two different checks are used with my callsign
each year and they are different enough like yours that they are not
CW or SSB copying errors.

There also seem to be some groups or clubs that use and encourage the
use of these databases for SS each year.  Members of these groups seem
to be the ones making these errors the most often.

The best advice I can give these folks is to turn off the databases
and copy the exchange information over the air, during the contact.
That is what I do. I do not use any exchange databases during or after
the contest.  I also do not use the super check partial callsign
database when I operate.  I enjoy the challenge of copying these things
over the radio.  You know, to test my skill.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii at kkn.net
http://www.kkn.net/~k5tr