[CQ-Contest] 2 signals on one band?

Dennis Ponsness wb0wao at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 3 10:49:58 PDT 2009

> On 8/2/2009 6:51 PM, steve.root at culligan4water.com wrote:
>> If you have more than one signal present on one band, the FCC considers at one of them to be spurious and therefore illegal. That's a bigger deal than a contest rule.

Ummm, I don't think that is entirely accurate.  Let's say you have a 10m beacon but you are also on 10m working CQWW CW - those are two same mode signals using the same callsigns on the same band.  Totally legal (both for FCC and 'test rules).  I think that the FCC considers spurious signals unwanted signal artifacts of a single, specific transmission and not seperate transmissions that may be on the same band.  Another example would be a special event station running phone, digital and CW all with the same call on 20m at the same time - again totally legal.

73 Dennis - WB0WAO
EM57 Cape Girardeau County, MO