[CQ-Contest] Chairs

Art Boyars art.boyars at verizon.net
Tue Aug 4 08:30:35 PDT 2009

If the higher quality ones are budget busters, take a look at Staples "Culley" model, number 555381.  The one I got for myself was so satisfying that I got five for W3LPL (hey, my budget can't support having a real radio to bring to Frank's for the contests).  I have not done any long B-I-C contesting with it yet, but I have used the "shack" for hours and hours of desk work.

The "regular" price is $100, but they are often on sale.  In fact, the web site offers them for $60 this week; maybe they are the same price in the store.  (I paid $60 for mine and $80 for those for LPL.)  Extended warranty available.  It takes about 20 minutes to assemble.  Very good instructions, and they even give you the hex wrench and spare parts!

Office Depot probably has something similar.

73, Art K3KU