[CQ-Contest] Chairs

Jim George n3bb at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 5 17:40:41 PDT 2009

I must be the least advanced contester in the world in terms of chairs; all
of these grand chairs with mega-adjustments are being described. Not for me!

For me, an SO2R guy, it's important that I be leaning toward the radios and
using my hands constantly on the audio switches and the two radios. The one
thing I have found that's critical for me is my back must be straight, and
my rear must be planted solidly in one position that's not too hard.

My solution is an old library chair from the University of Texas, a chair
that's built like a brick wall, with a straight back. It has no arms, and a
sculptured wooden bottom that more or less fits the human anatomy. But it's
hard wood, so I have a nice thick cushion that's tied to the two rear
wooden struts on either side so it doesn't move around.

Jim George N3BB