[CQ-Contest] Chairs

K9AY k9ay at k9ay.com
Thu Aug 6 08:28:57 PDT 2009

>My solution is an old library chair from the University of Texas, a chair
>that's built like a brick wall, with a straight back. It has no arms, and a
>sculptured wooden bottom that more or less fits the human anatomy. But it's
>hard wood, so I have a nice thick cushion that's tied to the two rear
>wooden struts on either side so it doesn't move around.

>Jim George N3BB
_________________

Jim...

HA!  I didn't think there was another op like me. When I took my upright,
barely padded operating chair to a M/2 operation with W4AN, K4BAI and K4RO,
they all laughed at it!

I eventually broke it, and have been getting by with a simple office chair
that does pretty well. But I still drop in to the Univ. of Wisconsin surplus
store from time to time, looking for another "just right" wooden (or steel)
chair.

73, Gary
K9AY