[CQ-Contest] Station Inspections

Stan Stockton stan at aqity.com
Fri Aug 14 07:10:00 PDT 2009

From: "K0HB" <kzerohb at gmail.com>
>   "A competitor contacted by the CQ
>    WW Contest Commmittee prior to the
>    contest must agree to a scheduled visitation
>    by a representative of the CQ
>    WW CC during the contest. Failure of
>    the entrant to respond to our correspondence
>    or to allow an observer full
>    access to the contest QTH will result in
>    the entrant's call being removed from
>    award eligibility for 5 years."

This is what I read in the rules.  Did I miss something?

"8. A competitor who wishes to be judged for a top score in their
category must agree to a potential visitation at any time during the
contest by an observer appointed by the CQ WW Contest Committee. Failure
of the entrant to respond to our correspondence or to allow an observer
full access to the contest QTH may result in the competitor being
removed from award eligibility for 3 years."

There is a significant difference in a "scheduled visit" and a visit at
any time during the contest.  The only thing I would be concerned about
is the subjective nature of who is chosen to have a visitation and the
consistency of the methods used to determine whether someone is
operating legally or not.

Stan, K5GO