[CQ-Contest] Station Inspections

K0HB kzerohb at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 21:20:01 PDT 2009

Hey, we're making progress.

When we first started this discussion, the internet-posted rules said:

    "A competitor contacted by the CQ
    WW Contest Commmittee prior to the
    contest must agree to a scheduled visitation
    by a representative of the CQ
    WW CC during the contest. Failure of
    the entrant to respond to our correspondence
    or to allow an observer full
    access to the contest QTH will result in
    the entrant's call being removed from
    award eligibility for 5 years."

When I looked at the internet-posted rules a few minutes ago, that rule had
morphed to this:

   "A competitor who wishes to be
   judged for a top score in their category
   must agree to a potential visitation at any
   time during the contest by an observer
   appointed by the CQ WW Contest Committee.
   Failure of the entrant to respond
   to our correspondence or to allow an
   observer full access to the contest QTH
   may result in the competitor being removed
   from award eligibility for 3 years."

First you'll all be encouraged to note that the sentence for non-compliance
with the rule is reduced from 5 years to merely 3 years, and "will result"
has been softened to "may result", giving them some wiggle room in who they
impose the sentence on.

But there's even a greater loophole in the new language.  Instead of
applying to competitors who are "contacted", the rule only applies to
wishful thinkers.  If you don't wish for a top score, you can't be visited.

The defense is simple.

"Dear Committee,

 I didn't wish for a top score in my category.  It happened by accident.  I
swear!  I was only wishing for a medium score!

 Sincerely,

 Dudley D. Cue"

73, de Hans, K0HB
Sea stories here --->http://k0hb.spaces.live.com/