[CQ-Contest] Station Inspections

Steve Sacco NN4X nn4x at embarqmail.com
Sat Aug 15 08:04:01 PDT 2009

Hi Chuck -

I don't think there's any disconnect in comparing elite amateur athletes
of any kind kind against elite radiosport competitors.

Anyone can participate in events which would allow them to qualify for
the Olympics - activities which are "solely a hobby", no?  Happy
coincidence:  It's the same with Amateur Radio contesting/radiosport!
Any Ham can enter an event, and even better, can compete directly
against the world-class competitors, and has the potential to win if
they're good enough.

Sadly, and I think this is SOOOO unfair, one must be a child to
participate in the Little League World Series.  Not unexpectedly, the
kids competing on the LLWS DO receive a fair amount attention regarding
their credentials, background, etcetera.  On the whole, this isn't a bad
thing; it helps keep the cheaters out - and there HAVE been instances of
cheating.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend,

73,
Steve