[CQ-Contest] Those dBs in a pileup

Steve Sacco NN4X nn4x at embarqmail.com
Sat Aug 15 11:34:49 PDT 2009

Dave -

I *seem* to recall that, a long time ago, someone smart like K3ZO or
W3LPL or someone did an analysis of what the effect would be if you were
1 dB stronger than everyone else in a pile-up.  IIRC, that 1 dB would
make make you something like 3X more likely to be heard, or something
very impressive like that.

I've been searching around for that piece, but haven't located it.

Does anyone else remember this, or am I making it up?  If it really
exists, I'd love to read it again.

73,
Steve
NN4X