[CQ-Contest] K4BAI

Art Boyars art.boyars at verizon.net
Sun Aug 16 18:21:25 PDT 2009

I was privileged to operate with John (and a bunch of other top-notch guys -- "Let your house be a meeting place for sages; sit in the dust of their feet; and drink in their words thirstily." ) in a Curacao CQ CW MM expedition around 1979.  I already knew of his skill, but I learned what a fine gentleman he is.  Since then I have always stopped to work him in any contest.  One time I even pulled the dusty microphone out of the box to work him in SS Phone (1 QSO, 1 Sect, 2 points).

I think John could have passed the exam any time he felt it would help his score.  Seeing as how he has been beating us >>without<< the Extra Class privileges, all I can figure is that we are all going to be moved down a few more spots in the standings.

73, Art K3KU