[CQ-Contest] Station Inspections

LY8O ly8o at ot.lt
Mon Aug 17 09:21:43 PDT 2009

Hi there,

The more I read the more I think there is some very positive thinks. First of all - logs publicity (what was done few years ago). Great! That gave a chance to others to analyse your log and hopefully to understand why your score is higher. Next steps could be - contest log send time. I thing it could be no more then 72 hours (your opinion?) - it is enough time to sleep after the contest and to try to check your log especialy if you have contest recordings. And no any corrections later if you are looking for lets say top 10 or 20 score. Also CC could recommend each QSO frequency records in the final logs (actualy I have a problem with this one with home made cable but will have a chance to clear it :) ).
Another think as Chuck KI9A noted could be creation of some special categories for those who have for example big score deductions (the percentage could be decided by CC) - the table with the final scores could be based on deduction percentage (in the top position) regardless the final score. As well as some other categoty for other cheeters.
And as the final part of Fair Play teaching process coud be random inspectors visits - single or multiple times or for all contest period. But this must be open described by CC IMHO.

Remember, you can give nothing with the force - with the force you can only strip away.

I think that publicity, openess and teaching could give us a real positive results. And the inspection could be only as a last step.
Ones again I am not against the inspection but I think we still have some other possibilities clearly to say for the cheeters we won't thinks to go that way.

73, Remi LY8O
with a hope my poor english will be understood... sri...