[CQ-Contest] Writelog & Microham

Donald E. Huff n7ymy at comcast.net
Sun Aug 30 07:17:01 PDT 2009

Hi Everyone!  I have a dilema.  I just purchased Writelog contest program and a Microham interface MKIII in order to operate through the computer.  I can't seem to get the MKIII to work with the radio.  I use XP that is hooked up to a Kenwood TS-850 SAT.  Does anyone on the reflector use this setup and if so, what special parameters do I have to change with both the Writelog and the MKIII programs?  I've tried to follow the guide to the letter but I must be missing something.  It's probably something to do with the Comm Ports which is very hard to understand (I'm a novice and a dummy when it comes to computers),  I have posed this question on the Writelog reflector without response.  Any help from anyone will greatly be appreciated as I would love to run the CQ contests (and other contests) using this setup.