[CQ-Contest] CQ WW CW 40m

David J. Sourdis hk1kxa at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 1 23:25:22 PST 2009

My new callsign ticket, HK1A, arrived at noon 7 hours before the contest start line, I believed it wouldn't be arriving on time. Then, 35 min before the contest I realized that I needed to change the call sign on the N1MM logger, I still don't know if it is possible to change it without reinstalling the program, I guess it is. So I had to reinstall a 9,x version with the new call from a folder I had with most of radiosoftware setup files. No WWW connection on the place that has been called "Jumanji" by local fellow hams. Finished this 5 min before the contest start

Was thrilling copying EU stations at 1 PM (18 UTC) and also northern EU until around 5 AM (10 UTC), way after EU SR. Remember I am here at just 11º North Latitude so the difference between solstices' daylight hours is about 90 minutes. And darkness hours are much less than northern latitudes in winter.

Many stations with big signals but seemed to use too much ATT for RX and not for TX...    , and few tenths of a second between automatic "F1" , hi hi.

73

David
HK1A
EC5KXA