[CQ-Contest] IARU R1 multi-multi-single paper

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg at harts.org.hk
Wed Dec 2 03:16:06 PST 2009

IARU Region 1 HF committee is having an interim meeting in OE land
next February.  Papers to be discussed can be found at:

http://iaru-r1.org/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=173&func=download&id=294&chk=21d786e3ee7686357f4e705dec541e6b&no_html=1

Here is another one from DARC that might be of interest to radiosport
enthusiasts - concerning multi-single stations with >1 station on the
same band (multi-multi-single?).

Introduction

With new techniques a Multi Operator / Single Transmitter Station can
listen to several frequencies on a running band and also transmit there.

Background

During the past months, contesters who specialized in Multi OP / Single
TX operation, have started discussions to allow the use of two or three
QRGs on the running band at the same time. Modern equipment offers
the possibility to listen on all frequencies even when one transmitting
signal is on the air. Interlocking circuits are already used and prevent
simultaneous transmission of the second or third operators.
Representatives of this new technique call it the MS technology of the 21st
century. The German contest rules of the DARC still allow this new
operation style. However we have a critical opinion concerning this new
technique and we are interested to know also the opinions of other contest
organizers within the IARU Region 1.

Recommendation

That the HF Committee discusses this matter and eventually proposes a
modification of the GUIDELINES FOR HF CONTESTS in the HF MANAGER
HANDBOOK.