[CQ-Contest] IARU band plans - just what are they?

Marijan Miletic s56a at bit.si
Fri Dec 4 02:37:51 PST 2009

I visited last IARU R1 conference in Cavtat mainly to say hallo to my old
friends KA1ZD/K1ZZ.  I was amazed by the amount of "work" done there.  Lot
of meetings on obscure admin subjects. However, I latter learnt that there
are many lawyers and military people involved and they are used to do that
for living.

Minor problem occurs, when law obiding Germans take recommendations too
literally even in WAE DX contest. DARC has special interest in IARU contest
as their home crew gets 10K local DL calls.  It would be nice for them to
increase points value for own zone QSO.  Add to that para-military civil
defense hams and you got the whole mundane scene of international politics!

I am glad my ARRL society is aware of similar problems as demonstrated in:
http://www.arrl.org/news/features/2009/12/01/11193/

Unfortunately local R1 ZRS trends are of legacy curse DOSAAF type with
attempts to introduce compulsory membership with associated annual fee.

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU, MSc EE retired

P.S.  I am almost sure that K1KI will censor this posting for forum!