[CQ-Contest] anti-contest petition MMSN

Scott Currier scott_currier at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 4 07:34:41 PST 2009

Good point, lets throw in a bonus of double points for any Q's on 14.300.0. See who can have the longest run.

Kind of a contest within a contest.

73 and I'll see you on 14.3 in the next SSB contest.

On a more serious note, if they should go to the FCC with this. The FCC most likely will tell them to "come and see us when you have a real emergency and we'll declare the frequency off limits at that time." That's what they usually do. Until then, they are no different than anyone else. The fact that they are running a so called "emergency" net makes no difference.

Unfortunately for them, they don't realize this. Contests are an opportunity,  one which they should welcome. Contests are an opportunity to learn how to operate in a less than forgiving environment. They're a good time to try other modes. They're a good time to see how your station is performing. They're a good time in which to take advantage of the wide range of modes and frequencies that are available to them.

73 and good contesting.

Scott Currier
KT1B
Haverhill, MA