[CQ-Contest] anti-contest petition MMSN

Scott Currier scott_currier at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 4 07:50:01 PST 2009

Thank you for the link Bill.

It is interesting to note that the incidents only amount to a few a year and so far nothing for 2009.

It seems to me that the chances of having an issue on a contest weekend are pretty slim. The other thing is that when necessary the FCC will and has in the past set aside frequency ranges for use by those helping out with an actual emergency. This doesn't affect the rest of the world but it does impact US stations.

The fact remains that these people consider their routine and non-emergency traffic to be more important than other peoples routing and non-emergency traffic.

It isn't.

73 and good contesting.

Scott Currierr
KT1B