[CQ-Contest] MMSN Petition

Chuck Chandler ws1l at comcast.net
Fri Dec 4 19:30:53 PST 2009

Well, I tried to post some polite comments on their petition. I'm not
a big contester but I do enjoy it. More to the point, several years
ago while in a big DX pileup I heard the W_____ F______ Net come up
right atop the DX. When requested to QSY the NCS almost tearfuully
explained that he couldn't move even a few kHz because then nobody
would be able to find them.  Mmmmm-kayyyy.

So, I post my polite comments, get an ack email from iPetitions, and
next time I visit I see not my post, but some blank posts after what
had been the last one. Looks like if you aren't part of the team you
get erased!

And, FWIW, their 150 posts so far have only 59 that could be in favor.
About 2:1 against on their own list!  There sure are a lot of
embarassing blank posts there!  I've posted again to point this out.
I'm not hopeful that post will see the light of day, either!

In fact, might not be a bad idea to post a polite, brief dissent to
their petition, in the spirit of democracy. It will be read by
someone... At least by the person who erases it :))

And, all those blank posts show anyone who cares to look where the
balance lies.

So, where's OUR petition?

Chuck, WS1L

Sent from my iPhone